Rise of The Robots
Are you serious about advancing your leisure and hospitality career? You've come to the right place! At LeisureJobs We have a simple mission: "Supplying thousands of job opportunities for our Leisurejobbers and matching you to career opportunities that you'll truly enjoy."
Our website contains over 20,000 job roles within the Leisure industry. Covering all levels of experience from initial junior careers to senior management and director opportunities, across the whole of the UK, Europe and worldwide! Check out the opportunities below to get a better idea...
- Brands > Want to work for great brands? Take your pick from industry giants like Pizza Hut, Pret, Nando's, Tesco, Asda, Debenhams, Lidl, Ladbrokes, Starbucks and many more!
- Location specific > We feature every leisure and hospitality job worth having throughout the UK including Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, Edinburgh and hundreds of other locations.
- Leisure > Want to train the next Anthony Joshua, Andy Murray or maybe Gordon Ramsey? Check out our huge variety of roles within Sports, Hospitality or Catering.
- Service > If you have experience in the service sectors then check out the very latest jobs for Receptionists, Cabin Crew, Customer Service and Retail specialists. With over 20,000 job roles covering hospitality, sports, retail and much more, your new career starts here! Register quickly and easily to gain access to the latest jobs before anyone else!
At LeisureJobs we are always thinking about the future and how technology will influence hiring decisions for our clients and their potential employees. Everyone can see how technology is used to make our lives easier from personal assistant tools like Siri, ordering anything at the touch of a button and yes, even self-checkouts... If you consider the capabilities of your mobile phone compared to your first, you can see how quickly things can change!
We see where these technological advances are helping in everyday tasks but we wanted to find out how and where these advances would affect the workforce that contains millions, if not billions worldwide. What job roles will still be around in the future? What jobs can a robot do already?! We wanted to find out and put a number to how likely a specific job would be taken by a robot in the near future.
This led us to an amazing white paper from Oxford Martin School, University of Oxford called 'The Future of Employment', a massively in-depth study into the susceptibility of hundreds of jobs to automation. One of the first statistics we saw was "47% of the human workforce will be replaced by 2035". This was startling and made us want to look into this further. We've been fortunate enough to work alongside Oxford University to get some extra information that hasn't yet been published that will further explain how these percentages are determined. You won't be able to find any of this information anywhere else and if you're interested in your career (and who isn't?!) you'll want to check it out.
With this in mind we thought that #RiseOfTheRobots was a perfect project to work on in terms of piquing our own curiosity and passing on our newly found knowledge to others. The more time we've spent working on this, we've realised that there is some very important information here that should be shared with as many people as possible.
Our resource is worth reviewing whether you're at the beginning of your career or the more experienced end of the spectrum. As you will see below, some jobs that you'd expect to be safe from automation are not due to advances that the general public are not yet aware of.
Before you review the tool we want you to be aware that we don't currently have Nostradamus on the payroll at LeisureJobs and don't want to cause mass panic or resignations! What we do have is some very interesting data (provided by Oxford Martin School University of Oxford, UK Government database and other trusted resources) that explains how differing job markets have the potential to be automated over the next 20 years. Hopefully this information can help you decide whether to retrain, work in a new *safer* job or perhaps ask for that promotion you've been looking for...
Will you be working in the same job role in 20 years' time or will your career disappear?
LeisureJobs would like to thank all sources that have influenced and contributed to the Rise of The Robots project. Without whom none of this would have been possible. If you have found #RiseOfTheRobots interesting and would like to study things a little deeper, we encourage you to view, follow and share the following incredible resources.
Supporting data & information
- The Future of Employment, Oxford Martin School
- Payscale data
- Office for National Statistics
- Cost of Human Vs. Robot
- Rethink Robotics
- The Rise of the Machines - Why Automation is Different this Time
- 4th Industrial Revolution
- Humans Need Not Apply
- Martin Ford (Author of Rise of the Robots) 2hr Lecture
- What Will The Future of Jobs Look Like?
- Michael Osbourne (Oxford Martin School) Lecture
Advancements in Robotics
- Inside the Japanese Hotel Staffed by Robots
- Atlas, The Next Generation
- Introducing Handle
- Sophia Awakens - Episode 1
- Sophia Awakens - Episode 2