Hostel General Manager - Cheshunt
- Job Type
- Full Time
An opportunity has arisen to manage the unique YHA London Lee Valley!
We have 118 beds across 6 buildings (our fantastic wooden lodges) in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire.
There’s also the Ramblers Rest Café on site which is open to the public – we offer snacks and meals, as well as having a alcohol license so that we can serve hot and cold drinks!
YHA London Lee Valley is the perfect blend of country/city life - being just 20 minutes away by train for London but being based at Cheshunt Park!
As the Hostel / General Manager, you’ll be responsible for effectively managing the site to achieve and exceed current KPI’s and customer satisfaction levels by:
- Ensuring excellent customer service is maintained at all times
- Achieving 5 star standards of cleanliness
- Driving sales opportunities and controlling Profit & Loss
- Managing, developing and motivating all employees
- Establishing and maintaining great relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Continually seeking areas for improvement to the overall products and service within the hostel
- Proactively reviewing and responding to customer feedback
- Ensuring the maintenance of the building remain to the highest possible standard
In order to be a great Hostel / General Manager we are looking for people who can:
- Demonstrate previous management experience within the hospitality industry / hotel industry
- Show previous experience of managing, developing and motivating others
- Analyse monthly Profit and Loss Accounts to drive and increase performance
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing and delivering a Food and Beverage function
- Show a good understanding of YHAs culture and values
- Put the customer at the heart of everything you do
You’ll work hard for us and here’s what we’ll offer in return:
- Health & Well-being; BUPA health cash plan, discounted gym membership, cashback and discounts at hundreds of high street/online shops….
- Work & Development; Flexible working opportunities, support with continual learning and development, a generous annual leave allocation…
- Unique to YHA; The chance to work in amazing locations, 10 free Hostel stays per year (for you and up to three guests), 5 days volunteering per year, FREE YHA Membership and more!
Does this sound like the perfect combination of country and city life to you? APPLY Today!
Job start date:
Job end date:
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 42.5
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract
All roles are subject to a minimum of a basic DBS check.