Hostel / General Manager - Brighton
- Job Type
- Full Time
Hostel / General Manager - YHA Brighton
YHA is a charity. Each year we welcome nearly 1 million people and we work with 500,000 children and young people through stays in our 150 amazing youth hostels, adventure in our activity centres, and through our leading work in volunteering, traineeships, apprenticeships and youth employment. We have a thriving schools programme, and work with partners to support access for those children and families who have challenging lives. We are the leading affordable accommodation provider, with world class feedback from those who visit us.
YHA Brighton is on the doorstep of all of Brighton’s best attractions, a short stroll from the world-famous Brighton Pier, the Prince Regent’s magnificent Pavilion and the Lanes shopping area. Famous for its liberal values and forward-thinking attitude, Brighton is a city with an abundance of independent boutiques, quirky pubs and alternative cafés. The city is also known for its nightlife and YHA Brighton is ideally positioned for our guests to enjoy clubs and bars in the area.
As Hostel Manager you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the hostel and in delivering the customer experience. You’ll have responsibility for the achievement of targets across all aspects of your hostel operation, including food and beverage and will be accountable for maximizing revenues.
As Hostel Manager of this magnificent 180 bed hostel you will have responsibility for a large team of employees and volunteers. You will:
- Give our customers a great experience of YHA
- Ensure you and your team work safely and manage risks
- Crate a great place for your team to work
- Manage the financial performance of your hostel
The ideal candidate for the role of Hostel Manager will have:
- Proven experience of working within the hospitality industry
- Management experiene in an accommodation/hotel environment
- NVQ Level 3 or above - Customer Service, Hospitality or Tourism (desirable)
- APLH Level 2 (Award for Personal License Holders) or be prepared to undertake if not currently held
- People Management experience
- Excellent customer service skills including experience of handling difficult situations
- Numerate, with experience of cash handling and managing a budget
- Knowledge and understanding of the core purpose of YHA
- Proficient IT Skills and working with computerised booking systems
What can we offer the Hostel Manager in return for your hard work and commitment to YHA:
- Health & Well-being; BUPA health cash plan, discounted gym membership, cashback and discounts at hundreds of high street/online shops
- Work & Development; Flexible working opportunities, support with continual learning and development, a generous annual leave allocation
- Unique to YHA; The chance to work in amazing locations, 10 free Hostel stays per year (for you and up to three guests), 5 days volunteering per year, FREE YHA Membership and more!
Does this Hostel Manager role sound like a great opportunity? Do you want to utilise your hospitality skills within the charity sector? Then don’t delay APPLY today!
Job start date:
Job end date:
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 42.5
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract
All roles are subject to a minimum of a basic DBS check.