Accounts Payable Officer - Matlock
- Job Type
- Full Time
Accounts Payable Officer - Matlock
YHA is a charity. Each year we welcome nearly 1 million people and we work with 500,000 children and young people through stays in our 150 amazing youth hostels, adventure in our activity centres, and through our leading work in volunteering, traineeships, apprenticeships and youth employment. We have a thriving schools programme, and work with partners to support access for those children and families who have challenging lives. We are the leading affordable accommodation provider, with world class feedback from those who visit us.
As Accounts Payable Officer, you’ll be accountable for our purchase ledger process within YHA, with responsibility for recording, processing and paying supplier invoices, ensuring they are coded appropriately and accurately into the accounting ledgers and that contractual payment terms are adhered to.
The Accounts Payable Officer Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Processing and paying supplier invoices accurately and efficiently
- Ensuring all purchase orders are correctly approved for payment, checking, coding and inputting – in line with YHA’s policy and contractual terms
- Processing scanned invoices
- Checking and reconciling supplier account statements
- Supporting the reconciliation of hostel banking and income returns
- You will Operate across several systems including: SAGE purchase ledger system, Electronic Document Management system, Purchase Order Processing system, and YHA’s Repairs & Maintenance system (ProNett)
- Be responsible for the payment of supplied by BACS, computerised cheque or manual cheques
- Develop and maintain contact and relationships with key suppliers
- Be the first point of contact for invoice and payment queries
- Investigate and resolve invoice and payment queries
- Provide cover and support within the Finance team when required
The ideal candidate for the role of Accounts Payable Officer will have the following Skills and Experience:
- Basic level accountancy training or qualification (desirable)
- Evidence of keeping up to date with relevant legislation and changes to regulations
- Previous experience of working within a purchase ledger or finance function (desirable)
- Ability to interpret and reconcile financial data from a variety of sources
- Ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good IT skills, with knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office packages
- Self-disciplined with the ability to prioritise, organise and deliver work accurately to defined standards and timeframes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
A degree of flexible working and overnight hostel visits will be required.
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK and a satisfactory DBS check must be completed before a start date can be confirmed. YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment and a DBS check will be carried out for all successful applicants.
Job start date:
Job end date:
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 37.5
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract
All roles are subject to a minimum of a basic DBS check.