Our Offer to you
Your health, well-being and financial security are all important to us:
- Holidays – you’ll receive at least 25 days' annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’, and then 32 after 40 years’ service, plus public and bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme – all our new employees are assessed against criteria and automatically enrolled into the scheme (unless you choose to opt out). If you already have continuous service or a pension with a different local authority this can be transferred to our scheme
- Occupational health – offers a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle, including health screening and smoking cessation sessions
- Free seminars on managing your finances and planning for retirement
- Family friendly policies - we have a range of family friendly policies to support staff balance work and responsibilities outside of work including maternity leave, shared parental leave, adoption leave, maternity support and paternity leave, ordinary parental leave and carers leave.
- Discounts and cash back from well-known major supermarket chains, high street retailers and on holidays and entertainment
- Local discounts with retailers and service providers
- Salary sacrifice schemes which save tax and national insurance - including cycle to work and purchasing additional pension contributions
- Discounted leisure membership
- Subsidised rail – we can offer you 25% discount on rail season tickets
- Career Development - We want you to reach your full potential at Wiltshire Council. Whatever your role, we’ll encourage you to develop new skills and expertise, build on your strengths and address your weaknesses.