Fitness Instructor - Barkingside
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fitness Instructor - Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre, Barkingside
40 hours per week
VS1D - £15,432 per annum
Fullwell Cross Leisure is Visions flagship centre and facilities include a 64 station gym, 25 metre swimming pool with diving boards, teaching pool, 2 studios and a luxury spa. We are now looking to recruit a dynamic, proactive Fitness Instructor.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of everybody using the fitness and health facilities.
- To promote excellent customer service and motivate people to enjoy exercise through good communications and selling skills.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of the daily operation of the fitness facilities.
- To work on a shift rota system to undertake the daily operations of the facilities.
- To provide supervision of the Fitness Suite within the Leisure Centre facility
- To undertake Inductions, Fitness Assessments and Personal Programmes in accordance with the Gym Vision brand.
- To guide, care for and assist all fitness users especially in areas of motivation, well-being, nutrition and fitness testing.
- To work as part of a team to achieve income and sales targets for the fitness & health facility.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- To ensuring the safe and proper use of all fitness equipment at the centre by members of the public and ensure all equipment is safe and secure when not in use.
- To assist with the development and implementation of the fitness suite activities programme.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the centre.
- To work as part of a team, or independently as the situation demands, support other team members and provide cover as required.
- Take the appropriate level of responsibility for health & safety in general.
- To assist in the management and development of the Leisure Centre’s quality assurance systems and procedures.
- Previous experience of working within the leisure industry is preferred.
- Required to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays with flexibility of location
- REPS Level 2 Gym Instructor or equivalent is compulsory. REPS Level 3 Qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid First Aid at Work Qualification is also desirable.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure provides a wide range of facilities and services on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge which includes Leisure Centres, Libraries, Redbridge Museum, Local Studies and Archives, Parks, Open Spaces, Country Parks, Sport and Physical Activity, Arts, Events, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Hall Lettings.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure aims to increase participation, accessibility and inclusivity across its services, developing partnerships and sharing best practice throughout facilities.