Swimming Co-ordinator - Northampton
- Job Type
- Part Time
Are you organised with great communication skills and experience in the world of Swim Management & Safeguarding?
We’re looking for a Swim Co-ordinator to be responsible for the successful running, development and management of the group & individual Swim programme. From the development of the Swim programme in-line with ASA innovations, to ensuring we have a flexible, exciting and engaging offering, the Swim Co-ordinator is a key part of our customers’ experience with us.
Reporting into the Family Activities Manager, and working closely with the Swim Instructors & wider club team, the Swim Co-ordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing, managing and implementing a comprehensive in club Swim programme, including ASA guidelines, innovations and holiday activities.
- Ensuring the Swim instructors comply with Health & Safety and department policies to provide a safe environment at all times, acting in accordance with the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable adults policy and statutory requirements from Regulatory Bodies.
- Ensuring an excellent level of teaching is delivered to our members, that exciting and engaging activities & lessons are being delivered at all times by leading the Swim Team to achieve a high standard, creating an exceptional experience for our members.
- Responsible for developing creative and innovative classes following the ASA National Swim Plan for Teaching Swimming.
- Line management of the Swim team including recruitment, training and development, as well as rotas and payroll.
- Drive the department to meet all set targets and budgets, exceed commercial success by developing and training existing staff to Brand Standards.
- Accountable for successfully delivering financial & departmental KPIs, department Health Checks and audits.
What we can’t live without:
To be successful, you’ll have excellent people skills and a flexible approach. Friendly and accessible to colleagues, customers and their children; you’ll have strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- An ASA Level 2/STA Full Swim Instructor Qualificaiton
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Proficiency in using a computer with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before start date
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Great personal development through our in-house Management Development programme ‘Evolve’. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Level 3 Diploma in Management Development accredited by the Institute of Leadership Management.
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata), plus bonus birthday day
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme