Sous Chef, Vinoteca Farringdon
- Job Type
- Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef for Vinoteca in Farringdon
Vinoteca is a small independent group of restaurants, which combine high quality, characterful wine with a highly seasonal modern European menu. We work with the best ingredients from great suppliers to produce freshly cooked seasonal food. This is a very hands on role that involves producing everything from raw ingredients - we even bake our own bread daily. You will work in a small team led by our Head Chef.
For the right Sous Chef we offer a great work/life balance and rates of pay around £28,000 per annum
- Our Sous Chefs work an average of 48 hours per week over 5 days
- 28 days paid holiday
- Staff meals on duty and wine training (if that's something that interests you)
- There is also a generous staff discount scheme (yes, even on wine)
- Genuine opportunities for promotion as we grow
In return we are looking for a Sous Chef who:
- Is passionate about food and love to cook for others every day.
- Has a strong background and talent for cooking fresh seasonal food.
- Want to progress further in their career, to learn and grow with us. Vinoteca is a growing company and always looks to promote from within when opportunities arise.
- Is conscientious, hardworking, reliable, creative, a pleasure to be around & someone who is willing to take responsibility for what they do.
- Has excellent time management skills and a strong working knowledge of kitchen health and hygiene procedures.
- Has the ability to train and coach junior members of the team.
As a Sous Chef, your duties would include assisting the Head Chef in the preparation and service of food, at all times ensuring that the highest standards are maintained. You should have a minimum of 1 years experience in a management role.
All candidates must provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK