Assistant General Manager - Immediate Start
- Job Type
- Full Time
Alice House West Hampstead is looking for an experienced, superstar AGM to help elevate the business for both the team and its guests. You will be supporting the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the venue, training and coaching the team to improve and acting as an ambassador for the venue’s standards and culture.
We are a relaxed and friendly team who recognise the importance of high standards, training, and a great culture, so it’s important that you care about how you work and the example you set.
Mostly though, you’ll need a great attitude, and you’ll love to have fun at work whilst being able to balance the professionalism required when running a busy hospitality venue.
About the venue and the group
Alice House West Hampstead is an easy going but busy neighbourhood social, serving fresh seasonal food, craft beer, wine and cocktails.
ULG (Urban Leisure Group) is a group of 8 bars and restaurants across London, each with its own unique personality. We are a young, fast growing company that is dedicated to our mission of creating great neighbourhood spaces, and healthy businesses so we can give back to our people, our community and our world. We offer a great place to work with opportunities for all to learn, develop and grow in diverse culture based on respect, equality and inclusion.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary of up to £30k + some brilliant benefits and bonus potential
- 28 days holiday plus an extra day of holiday for each year of service
- Meals provided on shift & 25% off everything in all ULG venues when you're off
- Vouchers and cash bonuses every time you refer a friend to work with us
- Team parties, supplier visits, produce tours, international wine trips
- Full training and support to help you further your career in a flexible workplace where you can grow & gain experience
- A supportive, fun, culture focused environment
What are we looking for?
- You’re positive, you care and you’re self-motivated
- You have around 18 months experience at Duty Management level or above in a busy, high volume venue
- You want to evolve and learn and have the desire to run a venue in the future
- You love working with your team to train, coach and improve them
- You’ll be comfortable in the cellar and behind the bar, but equally happy to be on the floor, providing top notch customer service and hospitality.
- You’ll be happy to deputise as venue manager in the GM’s absence.
- You’re passionate about fantastic service & have a genuine desire to give people a great time
We love what we do and like to have fun while doing it, we take pride in the product we offer and enjoy making connections with our guests. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy being a part of don't hesitate to get in touch!'
You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply?
Please note: ‘we’d love for you to apply, but due to the volume of applications we’re receiving, we’ll only be able to respond to successful candidates, this will be within 7 days of applying’