Assistant Manager - Kingham, Chipping Norton
- Job Type
- Full Time
Assistant Manager - Kingham, Chipping Norton
The Wild Rabbit family is growing, and we are looking for a passionate and experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Full time contract offered based on 48 hours per week. Depending on experience a salary of up to £27,500 pa. including service charge is being offered, approx. £3-£5k. Live-in accommodation is available from £400 pcm for a single room, all bills included
We are looking for a passionate, driven, and pragmatic F&B Assistant Manager to join our team to be an integral member of the teams across our three pub sites: The Wild Rabbit, The Fox, and The Maytime.
- Development and career progression encouraged
- 28 days paid holiday (increasing to 33 days with length of service)
- Cotswolds farm visits
- Company parties including an annual festival
- Wellness focused – employee helpline, voluntary health cash plan,
- Access to hundreds of online discounts
- Free food and drink available on shift (and in the office)
- Daylesford 30% discount from day 1
- Team member of the month awarded £150 per month (added to your pay)
- Refer a Friend Scheme Bonus up to £1000
- Access to a variety of discounts on retail, restaurants, and cinema tickets
- Milestone awards years 1, 5, 10, 15, 20+
- Subsidised private medical insurance
As an F&B Assistant Manager, you will be fully responsible for leading the service standards along with supporting the wider business objectives. You will report to the General Manager and work alongside the Operational teams.
You will be responsible for managing a small team, therefore previous experience with leadership is advantageous. You’ll be a natural leader and role model for your team willing to provide and share the ample of experience and knowledge from your career in F&B.
Main responsibilities of a F&B Assistant Manager
- To work as a Duty Manager across the sites as required
- To ensure the restaurants and Private Dining Rooms are set up for the day, constantly checking tables and replenishing stock and maintaining standards, delegating tasks where appropriate
- To actively drive average spend per head, by identifying all opportunities for recommendations
- To maintain full knowledge of the menu, including beverages, and able to give detailed descriptions of the dishes, provide recommendations for guests and give accurate allergens advice
- To ensure effective shift management, leading and motivating the front of house team, delivering a seamless service.
- To manage the restaurant operations effectively, maximising sales through table turning
- Work alongside Head chef, Head Bartender, Restaurant Manager and Head Sommelier on continuous development of food and beverage offerings
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts whilst managing holiday requirements – ensuring Fourth is updated
- Line management of the restaurant team (incls absences, performance reviews, PDPs etc) in the absence of the Restaurant Manager. Assist with recruitment when required
- To ensure all transactions are correct, including balancing floats, change, banking and cash reconciliation
- To highlight H&S matters to your line manager or appropriate parties
- To deliver and champion The Wild Rabbit standards
The Wild Rabbit is a modern British inn set in the heart of the Cotswolds – a place to eat, drink and sleep in a relaxed and welcoming setting. Our award-winning kitchen uses the finest seasonal ingredients to create dishes that celebrate traditional British cooking with a contemporary twist.
The Wild Rabbit is part of the Daylesford estate – one of the most sustainable organic farms in the UK. The principles that have guided our farm for 40 years are also at the heart of everything that we do at The Wild Rabbit – from the locally sourced, organic ingredients in our kitchens, to the handmade horsehair mattresses in our bedrooms.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at The Wild Rabbit, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.