Concierge - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Concierge - St. Pancras, London
Concierge - New OpeningWe embrace, we create, we innovate; The Standard never stands still. Be part of our unconventional, bold, irreverent, evolved and personal takeover of London. The Standard London, our first international property will create a unique symbiosis of City and brand where our people are hosts to a world that is uniquely London, yet anything but standard….At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. Join us as we seek to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Concierge. Your roleAs a concierge you are the face for all guest staying with us. They can reach out to you with questions, problems, concerns and of course for recommendations. You find problems to be an opportunity to make the experience even more memorable for the guest. It is your passion to ensure the ultimate stay for each guest no matter what they seek in their stay with us; no is not an option for you because you will go above and beyond to come up with personal recommendations and the right solutions. As a concierge you hold the key to the most exclusive venues and the places to be. However, you also know all the local hotspots and hidden treasures around the hotel. You will be part of a professional team of concierges that are always thinking with our guests and ready to give everyone an outstanding time in this vibrant city and the beautiful and interesting up and coming Kings Cross. There will not be a day the same in your job and that’s the way you like it because you know, a stay at our hotel is all about feeling the experience which could be anything but standard…Do you have what it takes to be a Concierge at The Standard While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a Concierge, Guest experience or Customer Relations role with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- You will also need to be highly organised with great attention to detail
- Opening experience preferred
- Prior experience using Opera, Delphi or Knowcross is advantageous however full training will be given
- Fluency in English is essential for this role, in addition to those speaking a second or third languages
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and occasional late night work.