Junior Category Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
We're The Restaurant Group (TRG for short) and we're one of the UK's biggest hospitality businesses. Were a significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 400 restaurants and pubs including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, and Brunning & Price. We like to think our diverse portfolio of brands provides something for everyone - and we are proud to be TRG!
About the role:
TRG/ Wagamama are looking for a Junior Category Manager to help manage food categories and deliver an effective strategy that champions the drive for reduced costs aligned with improved business practices in partnership with key suppliers whilst ensuring company strategic and operational objectives are met. This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and develop within the food sector.
- Buying responsibilities for food categories such as dairy, desserts and noodles across The TRG Group
- Responsible for managing product inflation, through negotiation and new sourcing opportunities.
- Deliver the successful negotiation and completion of contracts suitable for each category with clear KPIs identified to drive and deliver business and cost efficiencies across the Group.
- Deliver compliance of contract terms through engagement and commitment of stakeholders and the senior management team.
- Manage multiple projects -short, medium and long term.
- Revenue and food cost budgeting required.
- Be engaged in the new menu development process through sourcing new product development opportunities and working closely with the wider Development and Marketing departments
- Drive the quality process with the Technical Management team ensuring products are consistently delivered into the supply chain network at the required standard
This role would suit a recent food or nutrition graduate (or equivalent) with a passion for all things food and TRG! You will need to be highly organised and analytical, with an ability to self-manage and multi-task when required. You will ideally have some experience in the hospitality and restaurant industry and have a good working knowledge of front and back of house operations.
What we can offer you:
- 10% company bonus
- 30% discount at any of our restaurant brands including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, B&P and our airport concessions.
- Complimentary birthday meal
- Wide range of apprenticeship opportunities for personal development
- Excellent employee support program