Senior Category Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
We're The Restaurant Group (TRG for short) and we're one of the UK's biggest hospitality businesses. Were a significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 400 restaurants and pubs including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, and Brunning & Price. Our diverse portfolio of brands provides something for everyone, and we are proud to be TRG
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager to manage the food buying team in delivering an effective strategy throughout the TRG group that champions the drive for reduced costs aligned with improved business practices.
You will be responsible for managing and forecasting food inflation, through negotiation and identifying new sourcing and development opportunities by category.
You will also deliver the successful negotiation and completion of contracts suitable for each category, with clear KPIs identified to drive and deliver business and cost efficiencies across the Group.
You will be engaged in the new menu development process through sourcing new product development opportunities and working closely with the wider Development and Marketing departments
What we are looking for:
- Full driving licence
- Line management experience (or relevant experience of managing others)
- Food buying experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What we can offer you:
- 20% bonus
- Excellent benefits package including 30% discount for dine-in with friends and family and any of our TRG brands including Wagamama's, Chiquito's, Frankie and Benny's, Brunning and Price Pubs and any of our airport concessions
- ShareSave Scheme
- Birthday meal on us
- Access to discount platform
- Health Assured
- Excellent employee support system offering up to 6 free counselling sessions
- Wide range of apprenticeship opportunities for development and personal growth
We at TRG are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all, where employees are valued for their skills, experiences and unique perspectives. We want to reflect the many communities we serve and provide equal opportunities for all of our employees. We are proud to celebrate our diverse voices!
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.