Accounts Payable Assistant - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
We're The Restaurant Group (TRG for short) and we're one of the UK's biggest hospitality businesses. Were a significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 400 restaurants and pubs including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, and Brunning & Price. Our diverse portfolio of brands provides something for everyone, and we are proud to be TRG.
About the role:
Purpose: To assist the accounts payable supervisor with invoice processing and queries.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Accurate processing and coding of vendor invoices
- Responsible for correctly allocating invoices / credit notes for authorisation
- Supplier reconciliations, identifying and following up on any discrepancies
- Confidently resolve queries using both written and verbal communication and building strong supplier and internal relationships
- Monitoring the AP shared mailbox in accordance to the weekly team rota - all emails received need to be resolved accurately, quickly and professionally
- Adhering strictly to all month end deadlines
- Support other members of the accounts payable team as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required:
- A good understanding of Accounts Payable and basic double entry
- Proven experience of working in a professional team adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work on their own initiative and a desire for problem solving
- Accurate and logical approach to work
- Proactive approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Working well with others and being an integral part of the team
- Navision skills preferable but not essential
- Intermediate excel skills required
What we can offer you:
- 10% bonus
- Excellent benefits package including 30% discount for dine-in with friends and family and any of our TRG brands including Wagamama's, Chiquito's, Frankie and Benny's, Brunning and Price Pubs and any of our airport concessions
- ShareSave Scheme
- Birthday meal on us
- Access to discount platform
- Health Assured
- Excellent employee support system offering up to 6 free counselling sessions
- Wide range of apprenticeship opportunities for development and personal growth
Make it Magic
Has a positive can-do attitude and is committed to delivering the highest quality of service for our team members and guests.
Keep it Fresh
Challenges the way things are done, takes a creative approach.
Adapts easily in a changing, fast paced environment, has the ability to work flexibly under pressure and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency.
Takes personal responsibility, has a proactive approach and strives to deliver great results.
Do it Together
Has the ability to lead and positively influence at all levels, works collaboratively with others and is fun to be around.