Management Accountant - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
We're The Restaurant Group (TRG for short) and we're one of the UK's biggest hospitality businesses. Were a significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 400 restaurants and pubs including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, and Brunning & Price. Our diverse portfolio of brands provides something for everyone, and we are proud to be TRG.
About the Role
This role reports directly in to the Head of Management accounts and will work within a highly successful and respected management accounts team. The chosen individual will have control of a range of P&L areas across the Leisure, Concessions, Pubs and Head Office departments, allowing them to become a specialist in one key area of the P&L from reviewing postings through to balance sheet reconciliation. The chosen candidate will also have to work closely with the budget holder for this area in order to assist with budgets and month to month queries and ad hoc work. The role itself allows the successful candidate to get a first step in to business partnering with the opportunity for the individual to use the relationships fostered in this role to progress further in the business.
- Ownership of one key area of the P&L such as Utilities for the whole group excluding Wagamama.
- Month End processing of journals for accruals and prepayments.
- Monthly report on reporting variances with commentary to support results provided to Head of Management accounts for meeting with FD and CFO.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation with identification of opportunities and risks.
- Budgeting and involvement in forecasting process for the group to identify any potential risks to the P&L.
- Ownership of the relationship with the wider business to ensure that Finance and the Operational parts of the business are closely linked and aligned.
- Ad Hoc analysis.
Experience and Skills required
- Have started to study ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to explain financial movements such as accruals and prepayments to non finance members of the business.
- Self starter with ability to work on their own or within a team.
What we can offer you:
- 20% bonus
- Excellent benefits package including 30% discount for dine-in with friends and family and any of our TRG brands including Wagamama's, Chiquito's, Frankie and Benny's, Brunning and Price Pubs and any of our airport concessions
- ShareSave Scheme
- Birthday meal on us
- Access to discount platform
- Health Assured
- Excellent employee support system offering up to 6 free counselling sessions
- Wide range of apprenticeship opportunities for development and personal growth