Learning and Development Partner - Birmingham
- Job Type
- Full Time
We're The Restaurant Group (TRG for short) and we're one of the UK's biggest hospitality businesses. Were a significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 400 restaurants and pubs including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, and Brunning & Price. Our diverse portfolio of brands provides something for everyone, and we are now looking to expand the team.
We're looking for a Learning and Development Business Partner to join our team in driving the business forward through developing and implementing training across TRG Leisure & Concessions Brands.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, the L&D Business Partner will be overseeing the learning and development across the Central region, working hard to improve people performance across the business.
What we're looking for
- 18 months experience (minimum) in a similar role within the hospitality industry
- A full understanding on how to develop and deliver comprehensive business planning and monitoring disciplines
- A comprehensive working knowledge of Restaurants Back and Front of House operations is essential
- Creativity & innovation with ideas on how to implement training with the resources available
- High motivation skills are essential, together with clear communication methods
- You will be strategic; you will liaise with other departments to stay informed and will then plan with the ability to deliver to aspects of the business in need
- You will possess initiative and problem-solving skills to approach new challenges
- You will be able to work in a collaborative environment to continually improve the people performance of your region
What we can offer you
- Exciting benefits package including 30% Food and drink discount for Dine In with friends and family at any of our TRG brands, including Wagamama's, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquitio's, Brunning and Price Pubs and any of our airport concessions
- Eligible for 10% annual company bonus
- Wide range of apprenticeship opportunities for personal development
- Excellent employee support programme, offering up to 6 free counselling sessions
Make it magic: Puts the guest at the heart of everything they do, and has a positive can-do attitude that inspires others. Takes pride in what they do and encourage it in others. Goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
Keep it fresh: Looks externally for inspiration and encourages creative thinking and new ideas. Looks for continuous improvement and better ways of doing things. Loves to learn and provides development opportunities for their team
Be Sharp: Has a passion for excellence and acts with urgency and pace with a bias for action. Works smart and drives efficiencies. Maintains up to date professional and technical expertise, encouraging their team to do so to
Own It: Results driven with an appetite for winning but holds themselves and the people around them to account. Sets the bar high and never lacks ambition. Acts in the company's best interest, in both the long and short term.
Do it Together: Encourages collaboration and teamwork, and cares about the wellbeing of their team and treats everyone with fairness and respect. Recognises and celebrates the success of others. Enjoys giving feedback and coaching team members