- Job Type
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Tax Manager to join The Rank Group Plc as it continues its transformation programme. This role will be to provide tax compliance, reporting and advisory support to the business during a period of international growth.
This is an interesting and varied tax role reporting to the Director of Tax.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tax compliance and reporting
- Management of quarterly and annual global tax forecasting and reporting for the consolidated group;
- Primary responsibility for UK corporation tax compliance including preparation of returns, claims and elections, tax payments and dealing with HMRC correspondence;
- Country by country reporting;
- Identifying ways of reducing the Group’s effective tax rate and corporate tax payments – including optimising claims for capital allowances, R&D tax credits and the use of losses in the most appropriate manner;
- Manage Senior Accounting Officer processes including testing and documentation.
Tax planning and management
- Involvement in M&A activity including helping with the integration of newly acquired businesses;
- Identify and inform business divisions of the implications and impact of changes to UK tax legislation;
- Assisting with transfer pricing including ensuring the finance teams process intragroup transactions in line with transfer pricing policies;
- Involvement with tax planning, employment tax issues & VAT matters.
Ad hoc tax advice
- Providing ad hoc tax advice to all the Group’s business divisions in the UK and overseas including Spain, Malta and Guernsey;
- Assistance with indirect tax returns and queries – prior experience would be an advantage, although full training will be provided.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong tax accounting including knowledge of IFRS and attention to detail;
- Experience of using Onesource or Alphatax compliance software for year-end reporting and preparing corporation tax returns;
- Indirect tax experience preferred;
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified.