- Job Type
- Full Time
Rank Group are looking for a Management Accountant to join our Finance Team in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
Retail Management Accounts at Rank is a fast-paced, dynamic department covering a variety of tasks namely having responsibility for the retail brands (Grosvenor Casinos and Mecca Bingo) full flash and trading accounts reporting and to ensure that compliance and control is maintained throughout balance sheet reconciliation work.
In addition to this, there are regular reporting outputs, preparation of group consolidation inputs and accounting and management of gaming related taxes and VAT.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The preparation of period trading performance information for reporting requirements, Weekly and Monthly to tight deadlines.
- The production and variance analysis of timely and accurate club trading accounts
- Month end cost allocation journals including manipulating large volumes of data across clubs for areas such as payroll, prepayments, cleaning, utilities.
- To provide support to club managers when interpreting and querying monthly trading accounts.
- To be responsible for accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and detailed review and formal sign off
- Continually review content and benefit of management information produced by department.
- Ensure timely monthly data is prepared for upload into consolidation system (Hyperion) from group GL system (Dynamics)
- Annual and half yearly audit preparation
- Drive improvement in current GL processes with aim of improving quality and delivery time.
- Business Partner with the operational teams, casinos and clubs to build relationships with these teams and to aid them with understanding their financial numbers
Skills & Experience Required:
- Part/fully qualified (CIMA or ACCA) accountant or equivalent in experience
- Strong experience of management accounting through to delivery of full management accounts and with proven track record of delivery of timely and accurate information and reports
- Strong focus on financial controls with motivation to ensure all reconciliations performed on time and confidence to flag risks to management.
- Ability to communicate with business to ensure financial information remains current in a rapidly changing environment.
- Comfortable in analysing and reconciling large volumes of data
- Experience in the creation of reports for management at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve and make recommendations for process improvements as required.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly