- Job Type
- Full Time
Group Accountant. Maidenhead, Berkshire.
Competitive basic salary + benefits.
The Group Accountant role supports the Group Financial Controller and the Group Finance team in meeting the Group’s internal and external reporting requirements.
There are certain key tasks which need to be performed by Group Finance such as management and statutory reporting. At certain times of the year much of the Group Accountant’s time will be taken up fulfilling these tasks. At other times, duties will involve working towards fulfilling the longer-term objectives of the Group finance function through systems implementations and process improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Monthly management accounts process:
- Production of group management accounts on a monthly basis for board of directors
- Consolidation and reconciliation of group entities into consolidation system (Hyperion)
- Managing the financial records of certain Group Companies
- Preparation of monthly Hyperion reporting packs specific Group holding companies including plc company.
- Reconciliation of certain month end accounts (intercompany, capex)
- Support weekly & monthly flash reporting
- Oversee development of process from current manual interface (Excel) to an automated interface
- Support production of major shareholder reporting requirements.
- Become one of key contacts for Commercial Finance on technical accounting queries
- Liase and develop management accounts team understanding of consolidation process and technical accounting requirements
- Embed IFRS16 reporting process within the group’s accounting framework
- Assist in the integration of new mergers and acquisitions into Group Finance processes
- Be part of continued transformation program within Rank Group including selection and implementation of new Group consolidation, planning and budgeting tool
- Assist in accounting for disposals from the Group
- Support the production of subsidiary statutory accounts, including co-ordination with Group auditors
- Perform impairment reviews of key operating divisions including onerous lease assessments
- Key part in Group Finance team producing of The Rank Group Plc consolidated interim and full year accounts
- Supporting ongoing group simplification project in liquidation of dormant statutory entities
- Maintaining underlying records for dormant and non-trading entities.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Newly qualified or recently qualified ACA accountant
- IFRS accounting knowledge
- Prior experience of working in a Group environment
- Prior exposure to Group reporting software preferable
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills