At Lime Wood Group and Home Grown Hotels, we not only grow produce for the kitchen – we home grow our people too through the Budding Entrepreneur programme. The Programme aims to develop the Managers of the future who are able to run our hotels – or your own one day.
Budding Entrepreneurs are often spotted as those in the team who have just that bit ‘extra’. Once approved onto the three-year programme personally by our Chairman Robin Hutson, Budding Entrepreneurs transfer between Lime Wood, THE PIGs, Portetta and Head Office.
- The programme moves you through all departments becoming confident in the Restaurant and Reception first.
- Following these 3-6 months are spent as a Junior Sommelier – or longer if you love it! The rest of the programme you will work as a bar tender, housekeeper and cover all the other areas of the hotel operation.
- Towards the end of the programme, there’s the opportunity to do something a little different, for example: Spending time with one of the Head Office teams, planning festivals, or getting green-fingered in the Kitchen Garden.
- Twice a year our entrepreneurs and their mentors get together for a day where research on a set topic is presented. It could be anything from PR and marketing to artisan food.
- All the Budding Entrepreneurs are assigned a mentor from the senior team who are on hand to assist, advise and support. An invite to a special event from your mentor is not unusual.
There is no entry requirement to becoming a Budding Entrepreneur, just a natural curiosity, a dedication to hard work and a passion for success in our great industry.