Events Operations Beverage Manager
Events Operations Beverage Manager
The Peninsula London is pleased to announce we are seeking an Events Operations Beverage Manager reporting to the Assistant Conference and Events Managers and the Hotel Director of Wine. This position is responsible for all aspects of wine service including overseeing a team within the Conference and Events department. The role will include pre-selecting wine for banqueting menus, and function bars, including stock and supervising a motivated team in service.
With events spaces that impress and inspire, offering lavish business lunches, banquets, and dinners to suit all manner of events. Delectable British, International, and Cantonese cuisine is being created for every type of event. The acclaimed international culinary team can also accommodate a variety of special requests, including halal and kosher meals.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London Market-leading remuneration, service charges and attractive benefits Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Promote The Peninsula London to becoming a recognized culinary destination by creating memorable guest experiences through artistry and uncompromised passion for excellence.
- Ability to direct and lead a team of colleagues to deliver excellent wine and beverage service.
- Establish and maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items on the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
- Monitor and control successful beverage/wine cost of sales, revenue levels, and guest satisfaction.
- Conduct monthly inventory count and work closely with the Chefs and all the concerned managers on wine promotions and wine dinners.
- Monitor and ensure the updating and maintenance of Guest History records.
- Create meaningful and impactful relationships with event planners and other bookers.
- Must possess a good knowledge of food and beverage with excellent wine knowledge.
- Good judgment and financial acumen with experience in a similar position for at least 2 years within a fine dining, events or banqueting environment.
- Previous experience leading a team and overseeing wine/beverage service within a 5* hotel environment.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Good communication skills with a friendly and approachable demeanour.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Flexibility and capability of working under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.