Events Operations Floor Manager - Banqueting
Events Operations Floor Manager - Banqueting
The Peninsula London is pleased to announce we are seeking Events Operations Floor Managers - Banqueting to support the Assistant Events Operations Managers, and be responsible for the smooth running of events, roster management, and guiding a team through service with a hands-on approach to provide high levels of service.
With events spaces that impress and inspire, offering lavish business lunches, banquets, and dinners to suit all manner of events. Delectable British, International, and Cantonese cuisine is being created for every type of event. With 6 meeting rooms, a 15-seat screening room, and a grand ballroom for up to 450 guests banquet style or up to 1200 for cocktail receptions.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London Market-leading remuneration, service charges and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Promote The Peninsula London to becoming a recognized culinary destination by creating memorable guest experiences through artistry and uncompromised passion for excellence.
- Ability to oversee the set-up of each event including checking the physical layout of the room, providing the team with set-up information, and ensuring correct postings.
- Ability to direct and lead a team of colleagues to deliver an event to the agreed standards.
- Oversee the punctuality and appearance of all banquet service colleagues, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Establish and maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items on the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
- Monitor and ensure the updating and maintenance of Guest History records.
- Create meaningful and impactful relationships with event planners and other bookers.
- Possess a good knowledge of food and beverage with a strong understanding, passion, and appreciation of Conferences and Events.
- Previous experience leading a team and overseeing events within a 5* hotel environment.
- Good communication skills with a friendly and approachable demeanour.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Flexibility and capability of working under pressure.
This position may involve an element of manual handling and should you require any reasonable adjustments or considerations, please let us know.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We will share the next steps with suitable candidates prior to inviting you to meet with our team. During our intimate recruitment events, you will have an opportunity to engage with our leaders as well as gain a better understanding of our unique culture and why The Peninsula London will be a special workplace that you can call home.
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.