Restaurant Manager - Bruton, Somerset
- Job Type
- Full Time
Restaurant Manager - Bruton, Somerset
£50,000 per annum plus bonus and fantastic benefits
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a country estate with ancient woodland, historic gardens and far-reaching views. A new and unique destination attracting recognition at the highest level, with luxury hotel, spa, restaurants and an abundance of homegrown produce. Our 300-year-old estate welcomes guests from all over the world; a home from home, delivering outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire while roaring fires and a garden-scented spa offer true tranquillity. Much of our food is sourced from the estate or trusted local farms and producers.
The Botanical Rooms Restaurant
Hadspen House is the focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, library, bar, and kitchen called the Botanical Rooms. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace. The department extends into the house, encompassing the bar, library, croquet lawn, terrace, and badminton court – delivering exceptional service throughout.
Our Restaurant Manager
The Restaurant Manager will ensure smooth and efficient running of the Botanical Rooms. You will be confidant, self-motivated, lead from the front and be passionate about hospitality. Prime focus will be on guest’s experience throughout the department and how your front of house team delivers and upholds the exceptional service levels. You will be responsible for 30 FOH staff and overseeing our head bartender and their team. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with our Head Chef is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
- Ensure the Botanical Rooms runs in the most productive and efficient way through management of costs, staffing controls, sales analysis, and forecasting.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, monitoring and managing guest expectations and make improvements where necessary.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, training, development, and retention. Team productivity, performance and presentation are key.
- Create systems to manage your team and overall presentation of your department to ensure high standards are upheld.
- Botanical Rooms’ F&B offering is to moves with the seasons and are estate lead – liaise with kitchen and garden teams on a regular basis to ensure the best offering is always provided.
- Liaise with events team to ensure private dining and special events are executed well throughout the department.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you and your team always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel at management level for two years is required
- Confident yet approachable with outstanding leadership skills
- Great time management, self-motivating and driven
- Great business acumen
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Microsoft Office and good tech skills
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Passion for food, beverage, and luxury hospitality
- Previous experience working with ResDiary and communication platform Teams is preferred
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Employee Assistance Programme - Support 365 days a year
- 30% online shop discount and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Garden Membership
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities