Reasons to work with us
We honor our heroes
At The Lucky Onion we are really proud of our people and once a month we take the opportunity to thank our local heroes, recognising their talent, skills and commitment and to let them know that their work is really valued and appreciated. Our stand out hero for each month receives a meal for two people at the property of their choice.
We invest in our training
We support our talented and motivated people to develop skills, confidence and knowledge and to help everyone to build a successful career with us. Our training schemes and academies are designed to enable everyone to develop their passions and interests so that they can grow with us and be the best in their chosen field.
We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- and we want to help you find the path that suits your individual talents, ambitions and passions. In a young, growing company there are always opportunities for career progression and opportunities for our staff to find a role they love and that plays to their strengths.
We love hiring friends
Having a happy, professional and friendly working environment is really important to us so we offer a recruitment bonus if you bring a great, trustworthy friend into the business and they stay with us successfully for 6 months.
Happiness is important to us
We love sending our guests’ home happy but generating happy and rewarding experiences for our staff is also hugely important.
Happiness is a subjective commodity but there are few things we do to grow this vital ingredient. We aim to:
• Create a culture of fun and professionalism in equal measure
• Give opportunities to explore - providing trips to suppliers, vineyards and foodie places of inspiration
• Recruit interesting; knowledgeable and enthusiastic people whose common objective is to give happy and memorable experiences to others.
• Provide generous discounts for our staff to enjoy our food and drink, stay at our sites and enjoy our products.
A job you can boast about
Working at the Lucky Onion with its award -winning reputation for excellent service, great culinary know-how, knowledgeable Sommeliers, talented Head Chefs and industry experts is really valuable for career progression and industry know-how. Because we love what we do, we hope you will as well and will feel so great about it that you tell everyone.
And in addition we offer:
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Additional holiday entitlement - depending on length of service/ role
• Free meals on duty
• Rewards & benefits
• Bonus scheme - dependant on job role
• Opportunity to accrue additional holiday length of service
• Competitive salary
• Company Pension Scheme