Learning & Development
We offer exceptional learning opportunities where you are able to design your personal career path according to your aspirations and future goals. We encourage personal and professional growth andbelieve in nurturing everyone’s ability.
Let’s ignite your interest. Opportunities to grow include:
- Management Academy, including Commercial Strategy Awareness, Building Resilience, Performance Management, Business Ethics delivered by a range of sources; our leadership team, internal and external consultants
- A Mentoring Programme with a senior leader within the business, focusing on professional and personal breakthrough goals to help shape your career
- Supervisory Development Programme, covering team management skills, commercial and financial awareness, presentation skills, time management, coaching, influencing and leadership skills
- Food & Beverage Academy, a 9 month programme covering a series of practical “see, taste, do” workshops including: Land and Sea Supplier Visits - ranging from local farms, orchards, bakeries and coffee houses, to local breweries, vineyards and distilleries. Classic Food, Mixology and Wine/Spirit Qualifications. Exhibitions Visits and Activities. Practical and competitive challenges. Business driven Food and Beverage project
- Exceptional Hospitality Programme, focusing on our philosophy towards customer service in creating a personal and memorable experience for our guests
- NCFE E- learning in Business Administration, Customer Service and more
- NVQ’s & Apprenticeship
- ESOL English lessons
“I believe that the key to my success is not only the support and opportunity I have been given but also my job satisfaction. The Grand is a company which focuses on people and their progress in order to build a supportive work environment. The approach of my mentors is quite simple but yet effective; “tell me and I will forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” Kornelia Kuczer, Room Service Attendant to Receptionist to Reservations Manager
Through personal development programmes we are proud to have supported over 50 promotions and internal transfers over the past year!