Housekeeping Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Housekeeping Manager - London
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
We are looking for a Housekeeping Manager to join our fabulous Housekeeping Team at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah to assist the Executive Housekeeper in ensuring the Department runs smoothly on a daily basis and to a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance. As Housekeeping Manager you will comply and ensure that all the Housekeeping colleagues comply with company policies and procedures. Duties will include;
- To check that the cleaning of Guest Rooms and Public Areas are always kept and maintained to the highest standards, conducting and recording regular quality checks
- To ensure that the different cleaning programs in the Departments are done as frequently as establish in the Departmental SOP
- To ensure Maintenance issues are correctly reported and followed up
- To ensure that all storerooms are kept tidy and in good order.
- To organize and control overall supervision of cleaning and maintenance on a daily operational basis
- To assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of all spring cleaning programmes in all areas of responsibility, ensure satisfactory completion of tasks and record keeping
- To liaise daily with the Office Coordinator to ensure an effective organisation of the workload is produced on daily basis.
- Oversee the work of the Team Leaders, conduct regular quality checks and record results
- To identify areas where training would be required and discuss with Assistant Executive Housekeeper
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment
- Excellent level of English in written and spoken format
- Competent computer skills, word, excel, power point
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business, flexing style as appropriate.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a demanding workload or reactive and proactive work
- Excellent personal presentation skills demonstrating a 5 * appearance at all times
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Strong eye for detail
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities