Pastry Commis Chef- Knightsbridge, London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Commis Chef - Knightsbridge, London
Job Type: Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Commis Chef to join the Pastry Kitchen team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
As a Commis Chef you will assist the kitchen brigade in the daily preparation, mise-en-place and service of food ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and that your section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy. You will be responsible for culinary delights for our Collins Room restaurant, In-Room Dining, Banqueting Events and our Health Club & Spa.
Main responsibilities of the Commis Chef include, but are not limited to:
- Assist that food is prepared and presented to the highest standards as required by the Hotel. Produce food as directed by the Sous chef /Chef de Partie and to present it at the times required. Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and that the cleanliness of lockers, showers / toilets and changing rooms are maintained to the required standard of the Hotel. Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Commis Chef will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits, including:
- Highly competitive basic salaries Complimentary meals on duty
- Exceptional opportunities for personal training & development
- Paid birthday leave day
- Complimentary uniform laundry service
- Uniform provided
- Social events & activities
- Employee of the month/ year awards
- Hotel Guest Experience
- Stay Preferential room rates for yourself and your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Group 50% Food & Beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave
- Eye care vouchers for eye tests and contributions towards glasses
- Free GP online video consultations
- Occupational Health Service
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised monthly massage treatments
- Subsidised monthly podiatrist treatments
- Introduce a Star - Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- Wedding and baby gifts
- Death in Service Insurance
- Employee recognition schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- Long Service Awards
- Travel Season ticket loan
Plus, many other additional benefits including a further fantastic range of benefits offered to all employees through one of the UK's leading benefit providers
**Terms & Conditions apply to all benefits**
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.