Human Resources Director
- Job Type
- Full Time
Human Resources Director
The Emory and The Berkeley
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced, driven and passionate Director of Human Resources to join and lead the Human Resources team at The Berkeley Hotel and The Emory.
When it comes to 5-star hotels in London, The Berkeley is one of a kind. Stunning interiors by A-list designers, afternoon tea with a twist, service that raises a smile… everything about this luxury hotel is refreshingly different. From the Blue Bar to the Bamford Wellness Spa, The Berkeley is at once intimate and inspiring, sophisticated and surprising.
The Maybourne Hotel Group is also proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 61 contemporary suites set over nine floors.
As Director of Human Resources you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and highly effective performance of the Human Resources Department through professional planning, management and administration of HR operational activities in line with the hotel’s strategy and vision, and in compliance with hotel and company policies and procedures.
Reporting in the General Manager with a dotted line to Group Director of Human Resources, your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Providing highly effective HR advice and guidance to all departments within The Berkeley and The Emory including; recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, payroll and reward and recognition;
- As part of the hotel Senior Leadership team oversee the activities of the HR team to ensure a highly effective and timely recruitment process is in place and executed;
- To monitor changes in employment legislation, legal decisions and changes in accepted Human Resources practices, recommending changes where necessary and ensuring compliance where required;
- Ensure highly effective employee relations handling is in place across all aspects of HR and people management, delivering effective and appropriate support for managers in all performance management and ER related activities;
- Proactively promote and represent the hotel and the Maybourne Hotel Group brand in the external market place, maintain a valuable network and access to up to date information and best practice within the HR arena and industry;
- Provide reports and updates on HR performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required, such as analysis of absence, payroll and costs, labour turnover and ensure control of payroll costs in line with revenue and budget expectations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, ideally someone who has worked in a similar Director of Human Resources role within the hospitality, luxury retail or travel and tourism industry. We would be looking for someone that has outstanding people management skills, a keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational and analytical abilities. The role is varied and involves a great deal of interaction with all hotel departments.
Successful candidates for our Director of Human Resources opportunity will need to be genuinely passionate about people, highly motivated and enthusiastic. You will be driven, innovative, astute and natural leader as well as:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Maybourne Hotel Group and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service;
- Have worked within a similar role within the hotel or hospitality industry;
- Have previous recruitment and selection experience as well as an understanding of UK Employment Law;
- Excellent IT and administration skills;
- Have immaculate personal presentation, with a welcoming personality;
- Be able to work in a pressured environment, maintaining high standards and consistent customer care.
This is a fantastic role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth. Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.