Director of Security
- Job Type
- Full Time
Director of Security
The Emory and The Berkeley
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Director of Security to join the Security team at The Emory and The Berkeley.
When it comes to 5-star hotels in London, The Berkeley is one of a kind. Stunning interiors by A-list designers, afternoon tea with a twist, service that raises a smile… everything about this luxury hotel is refreshingly different. From the Blue Bar to the Bamford Wellness Spa, The Berkeley is at once intimate and inspiring, sophisticated, and surprising.
The Maybourne Hotel Group is also proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 61 contemporary suites set over nine floors.
As a Director of Security, you will be overseeing Security team. Some of your main responsibilities will be ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests and colleagues at The Berkeley and The Emory, the day to day running of the Security department and protecting the hotels equipment against fire and other hazards. Other responsibilities will include working with all hotels representatives to ensure all health and safety issues are handled and communicated.
Main responsibilities of the Director of Security include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the investigation of incidents and accidents that occur within the MHG, ensuring that the correct reporting is completed (RIDDOR) and that all reports are communicated to the correct HOD’s and EPC members.
- Implement and monitor the relevant standards of the MHG to ensure total compliance. Remain informed of current laws, regulations, codes of practice and guidance relating to the hotel, particularly in areas of guest, patron and employee rights, Health & Safety legislation, and Fire Safety.
- Undertake agreed projects to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of security, H&S and risk management across the MHG.
- Coordinate the department’s training requirements and conduct team members’ performance reviews. Working closely with the police and other agencies as required.
- Contribute to maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Director of Security will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and The Emory and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth. Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.