Director of Front of House
- Job Type
- Full Time
Director of Front of House
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Director of Front of House to join the Front Office team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
As a Director of Front of House you will drive the performance of the Front of House function at The Berkeley; ensure a highly effective operation, delivery of guest service excellence, and maximise revenue and profitability across all areas and in line with budget expectations. You will continually develop the product and the guest service proposition at The Berkeley to ensure it is positioned as a market leader.
Main responsibilities of the Director of Front of House include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the guest service approach and quality standards, and continually seek to improve upon or develop within each area of the Front of House operation to ensure The Berkeley is a market leader for guest service, quality and product;
- Create, develop and implement new product and/or programs within the Front of House Division which enhance guest service standards and meet and exceed guests’ needs;
- Ensure Forbes & LQA company specific standards and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are in place and achieved consistently across Front of House Division, undertaking regular reviews and inspections to evaluate effectiveness of service delivery and quality and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Work proactively with the reservations function to better anticipate client needs and preferences in all Front of House Division areas and ensure effective delivery of service strategies to achieve guest satisfaction;
- Work in collaboration with Guest Relations to ensure the delivery of guest service and quality standards and the delivery of all requirements for our guests. Ensure appropriate VIP and guest set ups are in place and maintained;
- Develop and maintain a valued amenities program and guest recognition programs for our guests;
- Support and work in conjunction with the Guest Relations Manager, Head Concierge, Front Office Manager to develop departmental concepts and operation to ensure a highly effective and unique offering to our guests and in line with Forbes & LQA standards. Work in conjunction with the Housekeeping, Kitchen and Food and Beverage teams to ensure standards are achieved or exceeded as required;
- Undertake inspections of each departmental area and the property to ensure it is kept in the best condition, recommend preventative maintenance where needed and identify major needs for repair or action.
Successful candidates for the Director of Front of House will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, a professional and welcoming personality and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Opera PMS is a plus.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience as Front Office Manager and will have worked in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth. Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.