Chef de Partie - The Belfry - Chefs & Kitchens
- Job Type
- Full Time
Are you looking for your next step in your chef career? The Belfry Hotel & Resort has a new opportunity for a Chef De Partie to join our team in the Ryder Grill & Kitchen. Ideally, you will have experience in hotels, banqueting and / or Rosette-standard dining. We can offer you fine dining, refinement and volume to help build on your existing skills.
The Belfry gives you that family feeling when at work. We are a business that champions our team’s progression and successes while rewarding hard work with internal promotion, we also like to let our hair down with great team-building activities throughout the year, industry-leading rewards and benefits and ongoing training and development.
The Ryder Grill
The Ryder Grill & Kitchen is a 220 seat restaurant that offers a number of menu options, ranging from our stunning one rosette À la Carte menu to chefs table and a Sunday Carvery. The Ryder Grill & Kitchen also benefits from a theatre kitchen where we prepare and cook our steaks and roasts all in view of the guest. Our menus are seasonal so you will learn how we build a menu, cost it and deliver it out to our guests.
What your day will look like
A Chef De Partie within the Ryder Grill kitchen your day will be focused on the À la Carte menu, you will have five and a half hours preparation time Monday to Saturday working from specification sheets to get all food items ready to serve.
The restaurant goes into full service and you will work with the rest of the team to deliver up to 300 covers on busy evenings not including starters and desserts.
On Sundays we run a carvery menu, Sundays are our busiest day in the restaurant so being on top of your game for this shift will ensure its success.
Duties of the role
Set up and preparation of menus items for your section ready for food service, numbers based on hotel occupancy for the resort and you will prepare food in advance for the coming week you may also be expected to take ownership for the kitchen in the absence of the kitchen management team.
- Cooking and delivering beautifully crafted food using the best ingredients sourced from local suppliers
- An understanding of the importance of allergens and dietary safety within your kitchen
- Responsibility for all temperature logging for hot items and refrigerators to ensure full compliance
- Running a section of the kitchen throughout a busy service and providing support to your team mates to ensure a fast and accurate delivery.
- Clearing and cleaning of your section and other areas of the kitchen to ensure we remain compliant
- Understanding of COSHH and HACCP on food storage.
- Work towards guidelines of portion control including weights and measurements and logging all wastage for more accurate GP %
Working Hours & Holiday Entitlement
48 Hour Contract, your working week will be five days out of seven including some weekends
Monday – Saturday 12.30am – 22.30pm
Sundays – 11.30am – 22.30pm
Additional paid holiday for 3 and 5 year's service
- Fantastic resort discounts that include: gym membership, rooms, golf, spa, food and beverage, and retail
- Access to lifestyle discounts at high-street restaurants, retail outlets and days out
- We offer Wagestream to all employees, enabling everyone to track earnings, save, access wages before they are paid, and seek financial advice
- Healthcare schemes: life assurance, 24-hour GP, health cash-plans
- Team social events throughout the year
- Long-service awards, including additional paid holiday
- Free staff parking. The resort isn’t serviced by public transport although we do offer a subsidised taxi service for those who don’t drive
- We can offer live-in accommodation for up to three months
- Excellent training, development and career opportunities