Analyst - Welwyn Garden City
- Job Type
- Full Time
The team create the strategy and long term plans to ensure we have world class tools, processes and systems for landing the best range of productsfor our customers, optimising the way in which they are displayed, and maximising thereturn we get from the 43million sq ft of floor space in our business.
We work as internal consultants who apply an analytical approach to problems. We use advanced levels of analytics and data science paired with the ability to engage widely across the business and land complex cross-functional change projects. Were a community of highly ambitious problem solvers who are passionate about our work and have a great team spirit.
Our team offers not only tough analytical challenges, but also the chance to see your work make a real difference to the over 18 millionscustomers we serve every week. As a multi-billion pound retailer operating over 3,500 stores across the UK & Ireland, even small changes can equate to millions of pounds of benefits.
As an Analyst within Space, Range and Display, you will:
- Work on interesting and challenging projects using analytics and problem solving skills to deliver tangible business benefits
- Turn data into insight, root cause issues, define problems and design creative solutions
- Own the project; build engagement, influence relevant stakeholders and deliver change in line with milestones
- Measure the costs & benefits associated with your work, through applying and analysing live trials
- Influence decision making of Space, Range and Display strategy in line with business priorities
Youll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Data analysis
- Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Minimum 2.2 in a quantitative degree from a recognised institution, or equivalent experience
- Minimum A in Mathematics (or related subject at A Level)
Additional relevant experience:
- Using tools to extract & and analyse data (especially SQL, Excel & Matlab)
- Working with systems & technology
- Process Improvement
- Project management
- Data storytelling
- Influencing cross-functional stakeholders