Brand Manager - Shire Park
- Job Type
- Full Time
Through one of the most ambitious turn-around programmes ever undertaken, we aim to re-build trust in our brand and grow market share.
At the heart of this drive is our brand purpose, to serve Britains shoppers a little better every day.
This purpose is underpinned by an obsession to understand the needs of our customers to build meaningful brands that continuously deliver better for our customers.
This means we need to build brands with meaning not traditional own label. Delivering this with us can uniquely answer the needs of the nation a little everyday and lead transformative brand led growth for Tesco.
Our own brands are worth over 13bn and their positioning, offer and propositions are pivotal to drive this transformation for our customers.
We need people who are excited by our ambition and want to work with us to develop strong differentiated brands that create meaningful reasons to shop at Tesco.
We want passionate, curious and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards.
In return we offer excitement, a great team, a unique brand opportunity and significant future career development opportunities not to mention a colleague discount.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Brand, accountabilities include:
- Build Product Brand strategy, guidelines andinnovation pipeline working in conjunction with head of brand and cross functional teams.
- Deliver Brand Mixes on time and in full vs. Brand guidelines. Working collaboratively with execution teams.
- Ensure Tesco Group (International) relevance andtransferability of Category specific strategy, guidelines, pipeline & mixes
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of branding, brand strategy, brand architecture and the development of global brand guidelines and style guides. Minimum 5 years at this level.
- Experience creating and leading strategic brand plans rooted in a comprehensive evaluation of brand and category performance to identify focused growth opportunities or corrective strategies.
- Ability to develop a pipeline of innovation and/or product development based on a deep understanding of customer needs and have experienced successfully taking these to ideation and product or proposition development.
- Sound understanding of research methodologies including: U&As; Concept Testing/Screening; product quality and Sensory Testing; packaging design testing and Qual/Quant Needs Segmentation.
- Experience in writing communication Briefs and executing through the line brand communication from communications to in-store.
- Packaging design experience having led major new brand re-designs and of managing the design equities of a brand, ensuring appropriate governance around its development and alignment to brand strategy.
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment
- Experience managing and motivating agency partners.
- Extremely customer focused and a passion for brands.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence cross-functionally.
- Analytical thinking and strong problem solving capability.
- Ability to manage change and challenge the status quo.
- A can do attitude.
- Energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation.