To help you and your pub succeed, we offer a choice of agreements, carefully tailored to different levels of experience and the type of business you may want to run. For our leased pubs, we usually insist applicants have a minimum of £10,000 cash to invest in their new pub business. This is the least amount of capital needed to cover the start-up costs of a typical pub. Please note, not all agreements are available on each pub.
Our range of agreements:
Just Add Talent
Just Add Talent is a fantastic scheme to kick-start your very own pub at a fraction of the normal cost. If you’ve got the talent and can bring your own staff, we can put you in charge of one of our pubs - it’s as simple as that.
- No fixtures, fittings or maintenance costs.
- No rent, utilities or rates.
- The latest and best technology.
- An on-trend, ready-made business.
- A proven successful model to follow.
- Fantastic training for you and your staff.
Business Start-Up Agreement
Whether you are new to the pub industry or an experienced operator, this is a low risk option, which is less onerous both in terms of start-up costs and length of term.
- Three year fixed term.
- Terminate your agreement with three months notice.
- Low cost entry: flat £3,000 deposit.
- Rent is fixed for the term.
- No annual retail price index (RPI) increases.
- Often available with our First Year Support Package.
Our standard agreement is great for those who don’t want to make the kind of investment required by most fully repairing and insuring leases, but do want flexibility over the length of their commitment.
- Five year rolling agreement.
- Low cost entry available.
- Rent fixed for each five-year term.
- No annual RPI increases.
- Rent review every five years.
- Low maintenance obligation.
Fully Repairing and Insuring Lease
Perfect for experienced operators who want time to build up the value of their business and accrue the return on their investment with the added benefit of being able to sell their lease on should they choose to.
- Minimum ten year agreement.
- Assignable after two years.
- Rent Review every five years.
- No annual RPI increases.
- Licensee is responsible for repairs.
How much does it cost to take on a leased pub?
Every pub lease is different, so requires individual support and investment. Please see a guide below:
Is any additional financial support available?
Where pubs are trading below their potential, we offer help while trade is building back up with our Business Start-Up Agreement. This package is designed to improve cash flow by helping you keep more money in the business and includes:
- Payment of certain fixed costs by Star Pubs & Bars, business rates and training fees.
- Additional discounts on tied products.
- Further discounts for achieving volume targets.
- Significant financial rewards of up to £5,000 for achieving the highest retail standards.