SENIOR SOUS CHEF
- Job Type
- Full Time
SENIOR SOUS CHEF – The Cottage Loaf, Llandudno, LL30 2SR
Employment: Full-time – based on 48-hour week
Package: £37,000 per year
The Cottage Loaf is a busy gastro pub right in the heart of Llandudno, well known for its constantly evolving menu of fresh, local, interesting dishes. It is part of the Stange & Co pub group. Stange & Co are an expanding family company that puts its teams first. We realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs as successful as they are. We are incredibly proud of our talented chefs and recognise and encourage passion and creativity within our kitchen teams.
We are looking for a SENIOR SOUS CHEF with bags of enthusiasm, a passion for working with fresh local ingredients and a healthy helping of flair and creativity to help head up our kitchen. Fine dining, we are not, but quality well executed fresh food is very much what we’re about. Our food is fresh, hearty and interesting, with a menu that reflects the seasons & our location, which helps ensures sustainability and prevents our customers and kitchen team getting bored. This constantly evolving menu is a combination of well-loved classics and more interesting dishes taking influence from all over the world. You will be involved in menu planning, and given the opportunity to develop your own dishes and indulge your own passions.
What’s in it for you:
- An extremely competitive salary which will regularly be reviewed to reflect and recognise your progression, skills and experience
- Equal share of tips
- Guaranteed Sunday evening off each week
- Easily achievable Chefs Incentive bonus
- Full pay when off sick – after 2 years’ service (industry norm is statutory sick pay of about £100 a week)
- Ongoing training, development and opportunities for career progression within the group
- Guaranteed Christmas day off every year to enjoy with your family and friends
- Flexible working hours to create the perfect work life balance
- Free meals on shift
- Discounted food rates - up to 50% off at all company sites
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Access to confidential and expert health & well-being, financial and legal advice through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to £1500 for referring a friend to join our team
- Long service rewards and annual recognition
- Christmas staff social event – celebrate the festive season with your work friends on us
What we’re looking for:
A creative and talented chef who is looking for a progressive and challenging role in a bustling kitchen. Our chefs create their own menus and always welcome ideas from the whole of the team. We are well known for serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce and our regularly changing menus reflect this.
Previous experience of working in a similar kitchen is essential as we know you’ll have the attitude and work ethos we’re looking for – an experienced sous chef who shares our love of everything foody and brings passion and flair to the kitchen.
Who we are:
- A family run company, currently with 8 pubs across the Wirral, North & Mid Wales areas
- A company who believes in treating people with respect & dignity with a genuine concern for the happiness and well-being of each and every one of our team members
- Stange & Co have been accredited by Investors in People as a company who truly care about and value their teams
- A company whose pubs really are the heart and soul of the local community
- A company who truly believe in ‘Improving people’s lives by running truly great pubs’
If you think you have what it takes to be our new Senior Sous Chef and you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you, so please get in touch.