SOUS CHEF, CH64 6SA
- Job Type
- Full Time
SOUS CHEF – The Ship, Parkgate, Wirral, Ch64 6SA
Full Time – 48 hours per week
Salary – £26,000 - £28,000 per annum plus tips plus company benefits
Currently undergoing a major refurbishment including the addition of a roof top terrace, new dining area and upgrade to the kitchen.
The Ship is a bustling gastro pub with rooms that sits on the stunning parade at Parkgate. Our regularly changing fresh menu with an emphasis on seafood, has successfully kept us on the map for a number of years. With a major upgrade and refurbishment currently underway, bringing with it the addition of a roof terrace overlooking the Dee Estuary over to the North Wales coastline, a new dining area, and an upgrade to the kitchen, we are currently seeking a talented and passionate SOUS CHEF to join and further strengthen the kitchen team.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary which will regularly be reviewed to reflect and recognise your progression, skills and experience
- Equal share of tips
- Ongoing training, development and opportunities for career progression within the group
- Guaranteed Christmas day off to enjoy with your family and friends
- Flexible working hours to create the perfect work life balance
- Brand new fully refurbished commercial kitchen
- Free meals on shift
- Free parking on site
- Discounted food rates - up to 50% off at all company sites
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Access to confidential and expert health & well-being, financial and legal advice through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to £1000 for referring a friend to join our team
- Long service rewards and annual recognition
- Christmas staff social event – celebrate the festive season with your work friends on us
What we’re looking for:
A creative and talented chef who is looking for a progressive role in a bustling kitchen. Our chefs create their own menus and always welcome ideas from the whole of the team. We are well known for serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce and our regularly changing menus reflect this.
Previous experience of working in a similar kitchen is essential as we know you’ll have the attitude and work ethos we’re looking for - a sous chef who shares our love of everything foody and brings passion and flair to the kitchen.
Who we are:
- A family run company, currently with 8 pubs across the Wirral, North & Mid Wales areas
- A company who believes in treating people with respect & dignity with a genuine concern for the happiness and well-being of each and every one of our team members
- A company whose pubs really are the heart and soul of the local community
- Stange & Co are accredited by Investors in People as a company who truly value and believe in our teams
- A company who truly believe in ‘Improving people’s lives by running truly great pubs’
If you think you have what it takes to be our new Sous Chef and you’d like to join the team, please apply now to our General Manager, Mike Bignell.
Apply for SOUS CHEF, CH64 6SA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly