SENIOR SOUS, CH64 6SA
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Ship is a bustling gastro pub with rooms, that sits on the stunning parade at Parkgate. Our regularly changing fresh menu with an emphasis on seafood, has successfully kept us on the map for a number of years. We have a major upgrade and refurbishment planned for later this year, bringing the addition of a roof terrace, new dining area, and upgrade to the kitchen. We are currently seeking a talented and passionate SENIOR SOUS CHEF to assist in our busy kitchen, further strengthening the team and our business and work alongside our head chef in driving our reputation onwards and upwards to meet the demands of a refreshed and expanded pub.
We are looking for an experienced chef with bags of enthusiasm, a passion for working with fresh local ingredients and a healthy helping of creativity to help lead our kitchen team. Fine dining, we are not, but quality well executed fresh food is very much what we’re about. Our food is fresh, hearty and interesting, with a menu that reflects the seasons & our location, which helps ensures sustainability and prevents our customers and kitchen team getting bored. This constantly evolving menu is a combination of well-loved classics and more interesting dishes taking influence from all over the world. We’ll welcome and expect your input into dish design, allowing you the opportunity to develop some of your own dishes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Sous chef looking for a progressive and challenging role who wants to further their career and help us to continue creating an exciting and bustling foodie venue for the Wirral and our coastal corner of Cheshire.
AS SENIOR SOUS CHEF:
- You will work closely with the head chef and general manager of the pub.
- We’ll welcome and expect your input into dish design and the planning of our continually evolving menu.
- You will be a team player and have a passion for working in the industry.
- You will work alongside the head chef in leading and bringing on a team of chefs, creating an enjoyable & professional environment for both the kitchen and front of house team.
- You will be ambitious and want to improve yourself, the menu, our team and the business as a whole.
- You will have a genuine love of food, attention to detail, and experience of a busy kitchen.
Salary would be £30,500-£31,500 per annum OTE (£25,500-£26,500 salary + £2,400 highly achievable stock dependant bonus + generous tips) + contributory pension scheme + employee benefits and company discounts.
The Ship is run by the Stange & Co pub group. We are an expanding family company that puts our teams first, we realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs successful. So, we won’t be asking you to work above your contracted hours and you’ll always get two days off. We don’t open for food on Christmas Day, so you’ll be able to enjoy it with your family or in someone else’s pub! Even the odd weekend off now and then, isn’t out the question.
- Discounted accommodation rates at all company sites – up to 50% off
- Food discount – in all our sites – up to 50% off
- Pension scheme- contributory group personal pension scheme
- Meals on duty
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- Guaranteed Christmas Day off
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement including bank holidays.
- Length of Service Recognition Rewards
- Up to £1000 when you recommend a friend or family member to work at any Stange & Co site – subject to terms & conditions being met.
- 24/7, 365 days a year access to confidential and expert advice through our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a copy of your CV and a covering note telling us a little about yourself that might not be in your CV, to Mike Bignell (General Manager) using the ‘APPLY NOW’ link.
Apply for SENIOR SOUS, CH64 6SA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly