SOUS CHEF, SY23 2DH
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Glengower, set on the stunning Aberystwyth seafront in the busy seaside town, is well known for its constantly evolving menu of fresh dishes. Modern British fresh food is at the heart of what we are about, and we are currently seeking a SOUS CHEF to assist in heading up our busy kitchen and further strengthen the team to continue our strong growth and reputation as a destination for dining in Aberystwyth and its surrounding area.
We are passionate about fresh local food and we prepare everything in house to the highest standard. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic sous chef or experienced Chef de Partie looking for a progressive and challenging role, to work alongside our head chef in creating a delicious menu of fresh, local produce, with prospects to progress within the group.
The Glengower is run by the Stange & Co pub group. We are an expanding family company that puts our teams first, we realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs successful. So, although this is a full-time position, you’ll always get two days and an evening off, we don’t open Christmas Day, so you’ll be able to enjoy it with your family or in someone else’s pub! Even the odd weekend off now and then, isn’t out the question!
AS SOUS CHEF:
- You will work closely with the head chef and other chefs in all sections of the kitchen.
- You will have input into the designing and planning of our continually evolving dishes and menu.
- You will be a team player and have a passion for working in the industry.
- You will be ambitious and want to improve yourself, the menu, our team and the business as a whole.
£25,000 per annum + Tips + Employee Discounts and Company Benefits.
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Food discount: - up to 50% off at all company sites
- Pension scheme – contributory group personal pension scheme
- Live in accommodation available
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Length of Service Recognition Rewards
- Up to £1000 when you recommend a friend or family member to work at any Stange & Co site (subject to terms & conditions being met)
- Guaranteed Christmas Day Off
- 24/7, 365 days a year access to confidential and expert advice through our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
If you think you could be the next Sous Chef at The Glengower, then please send us an email telling us a little bit about yourself with your CV to Ian Richards (General Manager) using the ‘APPLY’ button.
Apply for SOUS CHEF, SY23 2DH
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly