DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER, LL30 2SR
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Cottage Loaf is a traditional food led pub and restaurant in the heart of the busy town of Llandudno. We are really excited to be able to re-open our doors in the next few weeks and are busy makes plans. With this in mind, we are now looking for a friendly, enthusiastic, hard-working Full-time Deputy General Manager to join the team.
We are a busy pub and a typical day brings many customers from near and far coming through the doors, each with their own expectations and demands, a friendly team of staff each with their own requests, brewers dropping off a new brew for us to try, the butcher, the baker and plenty of other people ringing for an order or delivering, menus to be written, rotas to be shuffled and reshuffled, fires lit, gardens watered, tills and takings balanced, change ordered, pints pulled and food served. All in a day’s work and you’ll be in charge of it, well on some days.
You will be working side-by-side with the General Manager leading the team and driving the Loaf on to bigger and better things.
Day’s work aside, we are looking for a responsible deputy manager who thrives off a busy working environment and is both a strong leader as well as a team player. If you’re willing to muck in and get your hands dirty when needed, then you’ll fit right in!
We’ll provide the day to day training you need and more to make sure you’ve got the confidence and knowledge to do the job.
The Cottage Loaf is run by the Stange & Co pub group. We are an expanding family company that puts our teams first, we realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs successful. So, although this is a full-time position, you’ll always get two days and an evening off, we don’t open Christmas Day, so you’ll be able to enjoy it with your family or in someone else’s pub! Even the odd weekend off now and then, isn’t out the question!
AS DEPUTY MANAGER:
- You will need an outgoing personality, bags of enthusiasm and an ability to get on with anyone and everyone.
- Experience within the hospitality industry is essential, a love and knowledge of food and drink is a great advantage.
- Experience of dealing with and managing people is a must…the more varied the people the better.
- You need to be a team player and have a passion for working in the industry.
£25,500 per annum + potential £1000 bonus + tips + employee benefits and discounts
- Discounted accommodation rates at all company sites – up to 50% off
- Food discount – at all company sites – up to 50% off
- Pension scheme- contributory group personal pension scheme
- Meals on duty
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement including bank holidays.
- Length of Service Recognition Rewards
- Up to £1000 when you recommend a friend or family member to work at any Stange & Co site – subject to terms & conditions being met.
- 24/7, 365 days a year access to confidential and expert advice through our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
If you think you have what it takes to be The Loaf’s new Deputy Manager, email your CV and covering letter to Jayne Selby, General Manager using the ‘APPLY NOW’ link.