ASSISTANT MANAGER, LL32 8LD
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Erskine Arms is a busy rustic and traditional pub and inn located in the heart of the Conwy Walls. We have 10 boutique guest rooms, and these, alongside our ever-growing reputation of being a relaxing pub serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce, makes us the perfect retreat in the centre of town.
We are currently looking to recruit an EXPERIENCED ASSISTANT MANAGER to join the team.
We are a busy place and there’s no such thing as a typical day! But every day will bring customers from near and far through our doors, each with their own expectations and demands, a friendly team of staff each with their own requests, brewers dropping off a new brew for us to try, suppliers ringing for an order or delivering stock, menus to be written, rotas to be shuffled and reshuffled, fires lit, gardens watered, rooms cleaned, tills and takings balanced, change ordered, pints pulled and food served.
You could be in charge when the manager isn’t there and may need to work through a particular problem that the day has thrown up. You’ll also be expected to work side-by-side with the rest of the team to drive The Erskine forward to bigger and better things.
So, we are looking for a responsible assistant manager who thrives off a busy working environment and is both a strong leader as well as a team player. If you’re willing to muck in and get your hands dirty when needed, then you’ll fit right in!
AS ASSISTANT MANAGER:
- You will need an outgoing personality, bags of enthusiasm and an ability to get on with anyone and everyone.
- Experience within the hospitality industry is preferred, a love and knowledge of food and drink would be a great advantage.
- Experience of dealing with and managing people is a must…the more varied the people the better.
- You need to be a team player and have a passion for working in the industry.
£23,000 - £24,000 per annum + tips + employee benefits and discounts
We’ll provide all the training you need and more to make sure you’ve the confidence and knowledge to do the job.
The company, Stange & Co. is a group of character pubs and inns independently run in Wirral, North and Mid Wales, that prides itself on its excellent quality food and customer service. If you are looking for a new challenge, have a good work ethic and are passionate about food, and love people, this could be the job for you.
- Discounted accommodation rates at all company sites (50% off for staff, 25% for close family at the manager’s discretion)
- Food and beverage discount: 25% off food bill (up to 4 diners)
- Meals on duty
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Length of service recognition reward
- Employee Finders’ Fee
If you are interested then please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a little bit about yourself and what gets you out of bed in the morning, or call 01492 593535 (contact: Ben Jones, manager), alternatively send your CV with covering letter to The Erskine Arms, Rosehill Street, Conwy, LL32 8LD
Apply for ASSISTANT MANAGER, LL32 8LD
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly