Spirit can offer you excellent career opportunities.
Our in house training programme and the opportunity to gain hands-on experience will provide the foundation for your career advancement. Your personal commitment, performance and mobility will be the key to further and progressively senior appointments.
During your appointment as a Lifestyle Consultant (LSC) Spirit will train you to become Gym Instructor Certificate and Advanced Instructor Certificate qualified, both are nationally recognised qualifications. From a health & safety perspective first aid and lifesaving qualifications are also provided. Once fully qualified as a LSC, employees undertake in depth, progressive management training. This covers General, Financial, Commercial, Personnel and Health & Safety management theory and practice.
Training within Spirit is ongoing, but we would expect you to complete instructor training within 9 months and initial management training over a further 12 months. Supplementary to the compulsory in house training, employees also have the opportunity to improve skills in Sales, IT, Coaching, Customer services and Aerobics/Classes.
As an employee of Spirit you will receive valuable grounding in Anatomy & physiology, Lifestyle issues, Customer care, Selling, Event organisation and Operations.
For all the training and development we give our employees, what do we ask of you:
- Academic background in sport/leisure discipline
- Dedicated to actively progress your career
- Enthusiastic to help other people achieve their goals
- Motivated to create a customer orientated, quality service
- Enjoyment of life and a good sense of humour
- Committed to your team & your clubs success
You will also be pushed and stretched, trained and groomed, working with and learning from other professionals in the business. You will be joining a team that enjoys immense job satisfaction, variety and sheer good fun.
With operational experience gained from working in our health and fitness clubs, and through the development of your own specialised skills, you may have the chance to move into one of Spirit Health & Fitness' range of specialised departments:
- Business Development: Creating new business through research and development, marketing and sales.
- Operations: Support and controlling the differing needs and requirements of all the Spirit Health and Fitness clubs
- Personnel & Training: Training, resource development, providing an advisory service to all employees.
- Development/Facilities Management: Designing, strategic planning for new leisure facilities through to equipping and technical support.
At Spirit Health & Fitness we provide the springboard to launch your career. It is your commitment and skills that will create the opportunities to advance to the top.