Waiter / Waitress - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
As a Waiter/Waitress you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
- Tronc and overtime paid
The Gherkin is an iconic London landmark in the heart of The City of London. Our venue is located at the top of this iconic building, on levels 37, 38, 39 and 40. We are famous for our corporate events, beautiful weddings, private dining events with a spectacular view as well as delicious food, famous Champagne and cocktails served in our Helix Restaurant and Iris Bar on top of the building over the weekends.
Please follow the link below to visit our website: www.searcysatthegherkin.co.uk
We are looking for personable individuals to join our waiting team to assist with service during events, private dining room dinners, restaurant service as well as bar/lounge service. You will be required run sections during restaurant services as well as assist events in various roles depending on the type of the event.
Job Type: Full Time/ Part Time
Hourly Rate: up to 14.00ph
- Provide exceptional customer service, whilst carrying out all duties related to the job
- To successfully participate in the delivery of all food and beverage services
- Take part in the setup of all tables and required equipment
- Take orders and process payment
- Abide by company policies and departmental procedures/trainings
- To be able to solve any customer service related problem
- Liaise with key people in all necessary areas (kitchen, floor, reception, etc...) of the business to ensure the provision of food and service is consistent and in line with menu/standards set by the managers
- Deal effectively and courteously with customer requests, and to refer them to the line manager, if necessary
- To ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations, etc. within the areas of responsibility including all other requirements as described in the Searcys Health & Safety Policy
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations and any other reasonable request of Senior Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on and proactive approach
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Passion for food and beverage
- Excellent time management
- Strong organisational skills
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain, and last year has celebrated an inspirational 175th year anniversary. We have been fortunate to be acknowledged by the industry and won Events Caterer of the Year 2022 at the prestigious Cateys.
Our success is down to the investment we make in developing our people to ensure they can be the best they can. Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people in the industry.