Executive Chef - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
The HAC is quite unlike any other City event venue; a magnificent Georgian house set in a five-acre garden. This unique, historic London venue offers a wide variety of event spaces and an a unique outdoor space nestled within the city backdrop.
As a Executive Chef you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly Chef Away Days
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
- Personalised Chef Jacket / Chef Uniform
As an Executive Chef @ Searcys you will be in one of the lead roles across our business. Working closely with our Chef Director and Development team, you will create and deliver the finest quality menus and dishes that are synonymous with our Searcys signature style.
- Manage the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen and team.
- Organise the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchens including supervising the recruitment and selection process
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Continuously update your industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients.
- Control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities, communicating this with the team as and when needed.
- Ensure that the location meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
- You have at least 4-5 years of experience as a manager and are ready for the next step.
- Creativity, a hands-on mentality and eagerness to exceed expectations
- Great passion for cooking and for delivering a special guest experience
- Experience in working according to kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
- Knowledge of the latest food trends and the ability to apply the developments in your work
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language, Dutch is a plus.
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain, and this year has celebrated an inspirational 175th year anniversary. We have been fortunate to be acknowledged by the industry and won Events Caterer of the Year 2022 at the prestigious Cateys.
Our success is down to the investment we make in developing our people to ensure they can be the best they can. Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people in the industry.