Event Driver / Support - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Party Ingredients, part of Searcys, is a specialist catering business. We are a team of event professionals with over 40 years' of experience providing lunches, dinners, receptions, weddings and other special events. We are enthusiastic, inspired and for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer or to give back to the charity of your choice
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee Assistance Programme, Aviva Health Hub and Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Meals provided each day
Salary: Up to 32,000
Our Events Driver / Support will spend much of their time delivering food and equipment to events. When at events, they are required to help set up, break down and be involved as a general porter for the kitchen and the Front of House team. They are vital to the smooth delivery of all aspects of our Back of House Operation.
This role is perfect for someone who has an interest in hospitality and catering logistics as this role has the potential to develop into other roles in our business.
- Delivering food and equipment to event spaces in and around the City.
- Regular driving duties across London venues.
- Physical manual handling of equipment within the warehouse, vehicles and event spaces.
- Assisting with events both Back of House and Front of House where needed.
- Assisting the warehouse team.
- Working across multiple locations.
- Full, clean, manual UK Driving Licence (essential)
- Experience with driving in London (desirable)
- Be physically able to do manual handling (lifting and carrying)
- Enjoys working in a team, but motivated to work alone
- Previous Hospitality experience
- Personable, responsible and reliable
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain, and this year has celebrated an inspirational 175th year anniversary. We have been fortunate to be acknowledged by the industry and won Events Caterer of the Year 2022 at the prestigious Cateys.
Our success is down to the investment we make in developing our people to ensure they can be the best they can. Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people in the industry.