Searcys - Event Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
As an Event Manager you would work with the senior operations team and talent chefs to execute the events on the day. You would build strong relationships with all departments and clients.
- To brief the conference and banqueting team on all aspects of the business and to oversee the running of all assigned events
- To develop coherent, accurate and timely event reports as required
- Ensure efficient and cost effective management of the business with regards, staff, stock and equipment
- To assist in the development of the operations waiting team, making sure that they adhere to standards set out
- To ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including (but not exclusively) The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations, GDPR etc. within the areas of responsibility.
- To train or provide training to the staff so as to ensure they operate in accordance with the department standards including any casual labour that may be required. To conduct training in line with the operations departments training calendar and the training matrix. Including conducting Training Tuesdays.
- Implementation of the staff induction and mandatory training within the first three months of employment and monitoring of staff performance during probation.
- To monitor on a daily basis the standards achieved in your department, to deliver exceptional customer service and levels of attention to detail and report any areas of concerns to the deputy operations manager.
- Minimum 2 years experience in event management
- Thorough understanding of the event and meeting management process - conception to completion
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, creative environment and able to work well under pressure
- Meticulous organizational abilities; high attention to detail
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
- Excellent strategic thinking and critical reasoning skills
- Creative, positive energy, self-directed, amiable, and composed under pressure; helpful and humble
Salary: 14.50 per hour - Minimum 10 hours per week
As an Event Manager you will benefit from the following:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys enhanced pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venues
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain, and this year has celebrated an inspirational 175th year anniversary. We have been fortunate to be acknowledged by the industry and won Events Caterer of the Year 2022 at the prestigious Cateys.
Our success is down to the investment we make in developing our people to ensure they can be the best they can. Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people in the industry.