Wedding and Social Events Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Barbican is one of London's most iconic buildings in the heart of the City and an incredible backdrop for all types of events, from meetings to elaborate weddings.
If you are looking for a unique venue away from the hustle and bustle of the City, The Barbican Observatory provides a botanical oasis famous for its cascading plants, high glass roof and tranquil fish pools making it a wonderful space to entertain guests.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer or to give back to the charity of your choice
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee Assistance Programme, Aviva Health Hub and Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Meals provided each day
Salary: Up to 35,000
Searcys are looking to grow their team at the Barbican Arts Centre and are currently looking for a motivated Wedding and Social Events Planner.
As Wedding and Social Events Planner, you will be responsible to sell, plan and support on the day for all weddings and social events. This is a client facing role that works closely with the relevant teams to ensure all packages and service offerings are engaging and demanded from new and existing clients.
- To have an understanding of the venue sales targets and to work towards all sales strategies.
- To receive incoming enquiries and convert them into confirmed events with pipeline opportunities for repeat and new business.
- To plan events, ensuring all details are captured and agreed by the client and attend the event to ensure client expectations are delivered.
- To prepare proposals, pitches and RFPs, ensuring venue standards and response times are adhered to and contain best fit/feature expectations for client and maximising yield and revenue.
- To meet with prospective clients and show them round the venue facilities.
- To assist with and participate in corporate hospitality and promotional activity, where required.
- At least 2 years of experience of wedding planning
- Front of House, operational experience
- Passion for the events and hospitality industry
- Excellent industry knowledge (including venues, set ups, client needs and catering)
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Meticulous administration, coordination and prioritisation skills
- Proactive and excellent time management
- Ability to think creatively
- English Language - fluent or bilingual
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain, and this year has celebrated an inspirational 175th year anniversary. We have been fortunate to be acknowledged by the industry and won Events Caterer of the Year 2022 at the prestigious Cateys.
Our success is down to the investment we make in developing our people to ensure they can be the best they can. Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people in the industry.