About us

Scott's was originally opened as an oyster warehouse in 1851 by a young fishmonger by the name of John Scott and rapidly evolved into the now famous seafood restaurant and oyster bar. It is amongst the five oldest restaurants in London. The restaurant has been housed on two sites, initially in Haymarket (Coventry Street) until 1967, when the restaurant relocated to its current site in Mount Street, Mayfair.

Established as one of the most fashionable and glamorous restaurants in town, Scott’s has welcomed film stars, politicians and writers through the decades. Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond, was often seen at Scott's in the 50s and 60s and it was reportedly here that he discovered the dry martini 'shaken not stirred'. The restaurant was also mentioned in a moment of movie history in the film “The Great Escape”, talked about as a dream destination by two POWs as the first place they wish to go when the war is over.

In 2005, Richard Caring acquired Caprice Holdings. Later that year, he purchased Scott’s, which was in serious need of love and attention. After an extensive refurbishment by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio, who returned it to its former glory as the best fish restaurant in London, it reopened to critical acclaim in November 2006.