Chief Financial Officer - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Royal Automobile Club is one of the world’s foremost private members’ clubs offering first-class services to 17,000 members including access to our high-quality clubhouses in Pall Mall (London) and Woodcote Park (Epsom). With a turnover of around £50m, assets worth £80m and a workforce of over 550 skilled employees, the Club is looking for an experienced financial leader to join its Leadership Team.
As Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Club’s finances and controls, ensuring efficiency and transparency reporting to the Club Secretary and the member-led Board. The role is dual located across both Clubhouses.
Role responsibilities include:
• Providing strategic input and guidance to the Board on all financial matters, attend Board Meetings, other Committee and Club Management Committee meetings, presenting supporting papers and relevant information.
• Responsibility for the finance function, including all management and statutory reporting, payroll, invoicing and payment/ debt collections and insurance cover, ensuring the Club is managed with effective controls.
• Presenting the Audit Committee and Board with regular appraisals on all strategic risks including, insurance cover, lease negotiations, pension buy-out issues, VAT and tax matters, annual audit and management of cash.
• Collaborating closely with the Chief Operating Officer in support of all operational activity.
• Developing and ensuring compliance with procurement and delegated authority policies
• Supporting the Club Secretary and working alongside the Chief Operating Officer in defining and controlling major projects undertaken by the Club.
• Implementing and maintaining proper and effective controls over the Club’s assets.
Our ideal candidate:
• A qualified accountant with substantial post qualification experience in senior financial roles (e.g. Finance Director) within a hospitality or service-driven organisation.
• Experience of working within a committee-based structure or as a board member.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage team performance and continuous improvement, and establish strong cross-functional relationships.
• Extensive experience of data analytics, forecasting and financial modelling.
• Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills including the ability to convey ideas clearly and persuasively.
Benefits include: Discretionary annual bonus, travel allowance, company pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance.
Please note we are not looking to engage agencies at this time.