Bar Manager - Roehampton, London
Bar Manager - Roehampton, London
Reporting to F&B Manager
Full Time Contract – 40 hours per week on a rota basis to include weekends and evenings.
Salary: Circa £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
The management, control, and development of the Bar at Roehampton Club. The management of the bar team to include recruitment, performance management, training and development of staff, and the maintenance of high service delivery standards
- Manage the operation of the Club bars and restaurant to ensure that the agreed operational and service standards are maintained.
- Management of the liquor stock, ordering, stock rotation and the monthly stock takes.
- Cellar management – to liaise with our breweries & suppliers to ensure the cellar is maintained, and equipment is up to date & the ordering of gas for the draught system.
- Create incentive schemes to engage the team to deliver the required standards of service and to deliver special promotions.
- The recruitment, induction, and training of the bar team.
- Ensure that the highest standards of service and care to Members and guests are provided by improving and maintaining the ‘8 Steps of Service’ standard of bar & restaurant service.
- The implementation and management of processes relating to cash control at the Club and the management of the EPOS system in relation to the bar activities.
- The development and innovation of offers throughout the Club to meet the needs and demands of the membership.
- Ensure the Club always meets Health and Safety and Food Safety Management requirements.
- Ensuring efficient delivery of any other tasks reasonably requested by the Assistant F&B Manager and F&B Manager
- Assist with the set-up and management of functions
- Liaise with Kitchen and FOH teams to maintain good relationships and quality control
- Attend daily briefings and weekly sheets meetings
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Varied experience at management level, in similar high profile, high turnover sites.
- Experience of managing all aspects of staff; including permanent, casual and seasonal staff contracts.
- Exceptional customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers.
- Intermediate food and hygiene qualifications and Level 3 food safety and able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of both Health and Safety and hygiene.
- Understanding of stock control and EPOS systems.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written. Can deal with complaints where appropriate and refer these to the bar manager or senior managers when necessary.
- Calm under pressure and a positive attitude at all times.
- A particular attention to detail at all times.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage a large team.
- Overtime paid at the rate of time and a half
- Meal whilst on duty
- 2 additional life leave days per annum
- Referral scheme
- Generous company pension after a qualifying period
- Staff Fund of £550 paid twice yearly after qualifying period
- Use of Club’s sports facilities on working day following qualifying period
- Death in Service of 4 x salary
- Ongoing training and development
- Career pathway
The above job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out task, including weekend working, as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
Apply for Bar Manager - Roehampton, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly