Health Club Fitness Trainer - Roehampton, London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Health Club Fitness Trainer - Roehampton, London
Job Type: Full Time - 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Gym and Studios Manager
Roehampton Club is a multi-sports and social club nestling in leafy South West London next to Richmond Park. Celebrating its 125-year anniversary in 2026, Roehampton Club has developed from its early beginnings as a polo club with croquet lawns to currently housing an immaculate 18-hole parkland golf course, 28 tennis courts including 10 grass courts, 2 padel tennis courts, 6 squash courts and 4 croquet lawns. Our Health Club boasts all year round heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor training space and 2 group exercise studios along with a dedicated spin studio. Our gym has the latest Technogym equipment and an extensive range of cardiovascular, functional, and resistance equipment.
We expect the very best of our Fitness Trainers. Our expectation is that you will be delivering more than just Inductions and Personal Training sessions, you will be enriching our members lives.
This will involve aiding the members with knowledge, encouragement whilst ensuring a safe environment and being part of a positive atmosphere spurring members and colleagues to challenge themselves to be the best they can be. We believe our trainers should set an example by being avid fitness enthusiasts themselves with a passion for training, keeping on top of the latest fitness trends and endeavouring to stay upskilled in their path.
In return we offer you the unique opportunity to earn additional money by training your clients on shift or outside of your contractual hours. We actively encourage you to keep yourself healthy and offer you the opportunity to train during your contracted hours. Roehampton Club also gives special acknowledgement to colleagues who have excelled, we arrange staff outings and team bonding events throughout the year, whilst also supporting personal and professional endeavours to improve yourself in your area of expertise. You also have the ability to earn PT commission paid on a quarterly basis. In addition, Roehampton Club provides a generous salary for the role and excellent benefits.
Reporting to the Gym & Studio Manager (Health Club Manager in their absence) you may be required to fulfil a variety of roles within the facility throughout a working day. You will be required to work a variety of shifts throughout the week which will include weekends and bank holidays when required.
- Complete initial consultations and programme updates as and when they are booked whilst ensuring that any exercise routine prescribed is both safe and effective.
- Opportunity to complete Personal Training sessions on shift once KPI’s have been achieved.
- Instruct group exercise classes as part of the timetable where appropriate.
- Ensure that any materials produced for members (i.e. programme card, appointment cards) are clearly presented and easy to understand.
- Maintain a clean & tidy working environment for yourself and members.
- Keep knowledge up to date and always look to develop understanding in other areas of exercise.
- Ensure members, guests, and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Follow all other policies and procedures so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Health Club Manager, General Manager, Chief Executive or any other member of the Club’s senior management team.
- Create a friendly environment for all members and their guests upon entering the Gym & Health Club.
- Assist all members who have queries, complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Be presentable at all times whilst at work with a clean and tidy issued uniform with name badge on display.
- Undertake any specific tasks relating to new initiatives, special events and special customer needs.
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Personable manner
- Motivational and enthusiastic “can do” personality
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Smart appearance
- Basic IT skills
- Minimum Level 3 personal Training qualification
- Passionate about health & fitness
- Sporting background
- Extra sport/fitness-based qualifications.
- Previous experience within the role or similar
- Lieu time for time worked over contracted hours
- Meals whilst on duty
- Generous company pension after a qualifying period
- Staff Fund of £550 paid twice yearly after qualifying period
- Use of Club’s facilities on working day following qualifying period
- Death in Service of 4 x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 2 days ‘Life Leave’ per annum
- Generous staff referral scheme
- Staff events
- Ongoing training and development
The above job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a C.V. and covering letter outlining their suitability for the role to Stuart Reeks, Health Club Manager by clicking 'Apply'.
Apply for Health Club Fitness Trainer - Roehampton, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly